PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY
Gail Timms at Beebeau is committed to protecting your privacy. We use the information we collect about you to process orders and to provide a personalised service to you when you visit our website.
At Lafayette, we appreciate that you do not want the personal information you provide to us distributed indiscriminately and here, we explain how we collect information, what we do with it and what controls you have.
This policy sets out
1. What information we collect and how it is used
3. Our promotional updates and communications
4. When we share information with outside parties
5. Where information is stored and how long it is stored for
6. Child safety
7. Payment processing
8. How we protect personal information
9. Your rights regarding your personal information
10. Changes to this policy
11. Contacting us
For the purposes of European data protection law, ("Data Protection Law"), the data controller is:
Gail Timms at Beebeau
Bridge end farm
North ~Kyme Pits.
T: +44 (0)7870355553
1. What information do we collect and how is it used?
· When you order we need to know:
· your name, e-mail address, delivery address, debit/credit card number and expiry date;
· your telephone number to enable us to contact you if there is a problem with your order; and
· your school and class name, and parent/guardian contact information, or your ceremony or degree details.
We need this information for our contract with you so that we can process and fulfil your order, notify you of your order status and assist you if there is a problem with your order. We also use this information to administer your account with us and verify and carry out financial transactions in relation to payments you make under our contract with you.
· When you submit an order on the website, we may also ask you questions about what kind of products and services you would like to be able to buy. If you answer those questions, we may keep a record of your answers for the purposes of our legitimate interests to help us to improve our products and services generally.
· We may also use your email and address details to notify you about (by email or post about:
· important functionality changes to the website, and about new beebeau products, services and special offers we think you would appreciate, where you have given your consent to receiving this information from us where required by law or otherwise in our legitimate interests, provided these interests do not override your right to object to such communications. If you change your mind and would rather not receive this information please send an email at any time firstname.lastname@example.org
See also 'Our promotional updates and communications' for further information'.
· We will automatically collect information from you each time you visit our website. This includes: technical information, information about your visit and location data. We use this to ensure in our legitimate interests that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or device, and we provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us.
· As part of the provision of our services to you and the institutions we work with, we may take group photographs at ceremonies which if you choose to participate, we may in our legitimate interests (provided these interests do not override your right to object to such uses):
(a) display and made generally available for sale on the Lafayette website (and any successor to that website);
(b) display and made generally available for sale in other Lafayette publications; and
(c) use for promotional purposes.
· We may likewise, at some ceremonies, take non-posed photographs of you receiving your degree award. These photographs will be available for view and order on this website. You will need a password to access the website and this will be provided to you by email as soon as the images are loaded onto the web, usually within 5 days of the ceremony. The password will be specific to your ceremony. If you wish us to remove your photograph please contact us at email@example.com and we will remove the photograph immediately. The photos will otherwise be displayed on the website for 6 months after the ceremony.
Below is a list of cookies featured on our website with their names and their meaning.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies allow us to make sure you get the best possible experience on our website. They are required for the operation of our website and under our terms with you. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
A cookie generated by our ASP .NET development platform to allow the Site to display properly.
These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us for our legitimate interests of improving the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Portions of this website use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses "cookies", which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyse how users use the website. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States.
Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google's behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
How to remove cookies
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Please note that deleting cookies will limit your web experience on our website.
3. Our promotional updates and communications
Where permitted in our legitimate interest or with your prior consent where required by law, we will use your personal information for marketing analysis and to provide you with promotional update communications by email or post about our products/services or those of business partners identified to you.
If you enter any online competition or promotion we may sponsor on the website, we may ask for your contact or other information as explained on the website and will use it for the purposes of your participation in that competition or promotion which may, if indicated on the Site, include passing it to our business partners.
You can object to further marketing at any time by checking and updating your contact details within your account, or selecting the "unsubscribe" link at the end of all our marketing and promotional update communications to you, or by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
4. When we share information with outside parties
We may disclose your personal information in the following circumstances to:
· Organisations who process your personal information on our behalf and in accordance with our instructions and the Data Protection Law. This includes in supporting the services we offer through the website in particular those providing website and data hosting services, distributing any communications we send, supporting or updating marketing lists, and providing IT support services from time to time. These organisations (which may include third party suppliers, agents, sub-contractors will only use your information subject to contractual safeguards and only to the extent necessary to perform their support functions.
· Your educational institution (which may be selected by you on our website) with whom we have entered into agreements in relation to the processing of your personal information.
· Payment processing providers who provide secure payment processing services. (note your payment card details are not shared with us by the provider).
· Your contact details may be passed on to our couriers to assist in delivering your order.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
· If Lafayette or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
· If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of supply terms and other agreements with you; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of beebeau, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction and to prevent cybercrime.
5. Where is the information stored, and how long is it stored for?
Information which you submit via this website is sent to a computer located in the United Kingdom. This is necessary in order to process the information and to send you the information you have requested.
Information submitted by you may be transferred by us to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA") that may not be subject to equivalent Data Protection Law.
We retain personal data for as long as you have an account with us or in order to meet our contractual obligations to you or to your academic institution and for six years after that to identify any issues and resolve any legal proceedings.
We may also retain aggregate information beyond this time for research purposes and to help us develop and improve our services. You cannot be identified from aggregate information retained or used for these purposes.
Certain records, including graduation ceremony photographs and information, may be considered for longer term retention by our archivists as part of the beebeau or gail timms historical archive. Any such records are stored securely and not used to inform decisions about or otherwise affect individuals.
Transfers outside of EEA
We may transfer your personal information outside the EEA:
· In order to enable us to provide goods or services to you and fulfil our contract with you. This includes order fulfilment, processing of payment details, and the provision of support services.
· where it is in our legitimate interests and we have concluded these are not overridden by your rights .
We may transfer your personal information to the following countries outside the EEA:
o Google is certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield. The EU-US Privacy Shield requires Google Analytics and other certified US service providers to provide a similar level of protection of your personal data as would be required in the EU.
· Mastercard's Mastercard Binding Corporate Rules as approved by the EEA data protection authorities and available at https://www.Mastercard.us/content/dam/mccom/en-us/documents/Mastercard-bcrs-february-2017.pdfrequire Mastercard to provide a similar level of protection of your personal data as would be required in the EU.
6. Public forums
Our website may, from time to time, make chat rooms, message boards, news groups and/or other public forums available to its users. Any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when using these and avoid posting any personal information.
7. Child safety
Protecting the safety of children when they use the Internet is important to us.
Our website is intended for use only by persons who are at least 16 years of age, and the parents/guardians of those under the age of 16. You may not use this website if you are under the age of 16, unless we have received written consent from your parent/guardian.
Parental consent is sought prior to photographs being taken in schools by the school administration.
8. Payment processing
8.1 Paypal use is per their own terms and conditions.
9. How do we protect customer information?
To prevent unauthorised access as required by Data Protection Law, we follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us. Our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we are able to disclose personal data to you following a request from you to do so. We use a secure server by which you may place your order or access your account information.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
This website may, from time to time, contain links to other sites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such sites.
10. Your rights regarding your personally identifiable information?
You have the right under certain circumstances:
· to be provided with a copy of your personal data held by us;
· to request the rectification or erasure of your personal data held by us;
· to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data (while we verify or investigate your concerns with this information, for example);
· to object to the further processing of your personal data, including the right to object to marketing (as mentioned in 'Our promotional updates and communications';
· to request that your provided personal data be moved to a third party.
Your right to withdraw consent:
· Where the processing of your personal information by us is based on consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent without detriment at any time You can also change your marketing preferences at any time as described in 'Our promotional updates and communications' section;
You can also exercise the rights listed above at any time by sending an email to email@example.com or by contacting us using details below.
If your request or concern is not satisfactorily resolved by us, you may approach your local data protection authority, (see http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.html ). The Information Commissioner ("ICO") is the supervisory authority in the UK.
11. Changes to this policy
12. Contact Details
Gail Timms at Beebeau
Telephone: +44 (0)7870355553
© 2018 by Gail Timms